It is currently Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 3 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: New STI in Syracuse
Unread postPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:33 am 
tranny lube party host

Just looked over some video and it looks like your estimate of the rentals is about right - roughly 39-40s laps for me. Tried to guess Fmod lap times, but I haven't done a hot lap with that around the top hairpin - best I can tell I do laps around 28s when using the chicane, but not the top hairpin.

Any chance of doing a "rental" race in the tag kart before committing to going out to Indy with it? Sounds like an awesome event, but just want to make sure I won't be embarrassing myself (and handicapping the team).

#159 in whatever the class du jour is

Unread postPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:31 am 
Subie Fanatic

When we run the short corse in reverse I think the times were 19s laps or 20s, somthing like that. When we make final plans for the event (im traveling to europe for work alot so I might not even be able to do it) Ill get more information.

00 Integra TypeR built for Rally America
SRRT/PHOENIX Grand-AM CTSCC GS class STI

Unread postPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:35 am 
Subie Fanatic

Mechie3 wrote:
I live an hour or so from Newcastle kart track. If you end up going and need a play to stay I have a few guest rooms. :D. My friend Conor Daly got second place with graham ragamuffin last year. Id do it with you but im 6 foot 200 lbs. I struggle against the lightweight guys when I race in California.

Thats a very nice offer, Probally farther then we would want to drive each way every day for a week but its always good to have options. Thanks again!

00 Integra TypeR built for Rally America
SRRT/PHOENIX Grand-AM CTSCC GS class STI

Unread postPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:52 am 
Major Trou

I didn't realize it was everyday for a week. If you guys need an extra crew member for a day, let me know.

Unread postPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:11 am 
tranny lube party host

Just curious - what draws the big names to this event? Giving a brief once-over on the webpage it looks like it's just a simple money race ($300/team to get in - winner gets $6000), but I'm skeptical that a $6000 pot is big enough to draw in those big names on it's own.

Craig - I knew the second that I saw it was in Indy that you'd get involved somehow :). That would be within my "commute" range for free lodging, but I'm sure we'll be carpooling out there, so it wouldn't be just my call. It does look like pit stops are involved, so I'm sure some crew help would be useful.

#159 in whatever the class du jour is

Unread postPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:41 am 
Major Trou

Yeah, it's too bad that newcastle is so far away from Indy. Maybe it's a good thing so I don't go broke. :lol: I've missed it the last two years due to conflicting autocross events.

I think it's just become a "thing" with some of the upper level drivers. A chance to mix across the different race series, low pressure event, likely some friendly taunting going on. For up and coming drivers, it's become a way to prove yourself and hopefully get noticed.

Here's a pic of my fmod co-driver (indian guy) that helped blow up my fmod motors ( :rolleyes: ) from national karting news. Conor Daly is on the kart.

:OT: Perhaps a mod should break out the road race/kart talk into a new thread? Maybe I'll do it later. ;)

Page 3 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3