It is currently Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Bike Racks
Unread postPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:57 am 
Subie Driver

I am looking for a hang off the back bike rack for a 2011 5 door WRX; I really do not want to load the bikes on and off the roof of the car.

Everything I have found so far at local bike shops are Thule and Yakima and the upper straps on them hang off the spoiler and I am reluctant to buy them because I am not sure if they will damage the spoiler.

So if anyone has used a hang off the back rack on a 5 door with a spoiler I would appreciate and suggestions or information you can share.

Post subject: Re: Bike Racks
Unread postPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:08 am 
Major Trou

Tow hitch bike rack an option?

Unread postPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:08 pm 
Subie Fanatic

im with mechie. i will be running a hitch with platform setup. $120-140 for the hitch and $180 for the rack shipped. thats an investment under $350 that will keep the bikes safe, secure, locked, and most importantly AWAY for your car. hanging racks are hit or miss. the bikes hit each other, hit the car, or the straps/mounts for the rack itself rub your paint.

im waiting for my hitch to get here (tomorrow). but here is the setup im transferring to the STI. sportrack hitch mount with hitchpin lock and ratcheting bike locks.

http://www.rackattack.com/product-pages ... system.asp

Unread postPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:45 pm 
Subie Driver

Didn't really want to add the hitch. Yakima makes a rack that they say will work on the car w/spoiler the Quickback. The guy at the bike shop called them just to make sure and they say yes but because the top straps hang off the spoiler I am still apprehensive. I am just looking to see if anyone has done this and if it did in fact damage the spoiler.

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]