It is currently Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Blade Type Anti-Roll Bars
Unread postPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:38 pm 
Moar Dew.

There are a few guys here who are likely familiar with this neatness. For the rest of us, I offer some cool tech:

Anti-roll bars are about as simple as life gets. Metal stick, bushings, endlinks... end story. When you want to get clever, add a pair of holes or two to each end, and you've got one or two (or more, depending on perspective) more firmness settings. Clever!

But not so clever, it seems. Replace one or both arms with rotating blades, and you've got a notably more (why do people say "infinitely"?) adjustable bar that, with the right cable or servo drives, you can actually adjust while in motion!

For those of us who live our lives 45 seconds at a time, this not be a big deal, but touring car racers and the like don't always have the time to get under their cars and sample a few settings.

The best information I could find about these can be found here:

<Product ad on Camaro5.com>
<Student project on Pro-touring.com>
Not just pretty... Look at all of the adjustments!

With the blade set full vertical, it resists bending the most, offering the firmest setting. Turn it 90°, and it offers maximum flex for the softest setting. Points between give you whatever else you want.

Beyond the additional settings and (by application) the ability to adjust the bar while in motion, it also retains the geometry set by the lengths of the arms through those settings. Pretty slick!

Just don't ask how much they cost, even in the climb-under-the-car adjustment format... :wha:

'00 Miata LS, Evolution Orange - Boosty!
'18 Crosstrek, Venetian Red Pearl - Lofty!
Image Image

Post subject: Re: Blade Type Anti-Roll Bars
Unread postPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:50 pm 
Miss March

I remember someone made something like this for the S2000, I don't remember how much it cost, but I do remember it was an obscene amount :lol:

Post subject: Re: Blade Type Anti-Roll Bars
Unread postPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:20 am 
tranny lube party host

Pretty common in the formula car world - most pushrod formula fords will have them, and they're reasonably cheap (http://www.primusracingparts.com/suspen ... front-arb/). Always wondered why they were so *rare* in the sports car world, and so seemingly overpriced where they can be found.

#159 in whatever the class du jour is

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]