It is currently Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Lawyer for ticket
Unread postPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:11 pm 
Miss March

Wasn't there somebody on here who used a lawyer for a speeding ticket? I need to find one, preferably a good one. I'm fine with pleading by myself through the mail, but Tyre town court wants people to come in. I'm not going in without counsel. Already paid my $300 to NYS, not giving them any more bugger money.

Post subject: Re: Lawyer for ticket
Unread postPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:56 pm 
tranny lube party host

I've gone the laywer route before. I do know from my previous experience that lawyers are typically "locked into" a particular town or court - I don't think it's by law (they're only legally limited to NYS), but mostly by choice (why travel if you don't need to).

Also, I found there are are a few "ticket doctor" websites which claim they'll resolve your ticket for $99. I ended up skipping that route, as the town where my ticket was, wasn't within their coverage area. I ended up just looking up lawyers in the phone book, and went with a local guy who listed that he would take care of tickets. He had a flat $200 rate per ticket, and took care of everything (other than one phone call to him, I never had to do anything else).

#159 in whatever the class du jour is

Unread postPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:01 pm 
Major Trou

I've gone in without counsel 3 times. Each time was just the judge saying to me "what do you want to do", I'd say, "plead not guilty", he'd say "ok, go talk to the DA in the corner". I'd go talk to the DA, the DA would say, "blah blah, non moving, blah blah, go back to the judge". Just the same as writing in, but you need to be there in person. They hope most people will either be out of towners or unable to leave work to go in and just plead guilty.

Unread postPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:31 pm 
Subie Tech

Rich it was me, heres the info:

Law Offices of Randi Bianco
Syracuse Location
Head Lawyer: Joe T.
http://www.biancolaw.com/

Unread postPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:57 am 
ED-209 Lite

If Craig was still in town you guys could find a good one and keep him on retainer for other official/unofficial CNYSubies oopsies.

G'luck Rich, I'm sure you'll find someone willing to handle this fairly cheap. Theres enough ambulance chasers out there. My suggestion is to find out when DA's night is at the court and try to reschedule your court date to that. Then you can do what Craig did, the Da's cut deals since they just want the $$ and don't really care if its just a simple traffic violation.

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]