All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Lameness via Autolumination.com
Unread postPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:30 am 
Moar Dew.

Your seller wrote:
UPS, there box and raping.

This should have been your first warning sign. :ha:

The ad says $595 and free shipping. I don't give a crap whether he's got to drive 400 miles to get an estimated cost - free shipping is free shipping. If he offers you the option of insurance at your cost, I'd find that reasonable.

All told, I guess it depends on how badly you want this piece, and how competitively priced it is. It's BS that he's trying to raise the rate, but depending on scarcity, you may wind up paying the "price of entry".

Meantime, if you can find something comparable for the same loot, let eBay know he's trying to bend you over for another 1/6 of the selling price and tell him to get lost.

EDIT: FWIW, not all of his feedback is positive...

'00 Miata LS, Evolution Orange - Boosty!
'18 Crosstrek, Venetian Red Pearl - Lofty!
Image Image

Unread postPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:48 am 
Major Trou

I'd contact ebay.

So what if it's in the snow, if he has to drive, if he needs to give paypal their money and ebay their money. He should of thought of ALL of that before he put the starting bid and/or the reserve price.

If I say I want $10 for something and I owe $20 to Johnny boy, doesn't mean I can jack the price when all is said and done.

Unread postPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:13 am 
Fiber Helps Me Go Faster

I would've stayed away when I read his item description. Different sized front, not proper use of "there", he's from Texas, the list goes on.

Unread postPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:58 am 
Moar Dew.

305mouse wrote:
...not proper use of "there"...

If that's the only grammatical failboat you found in there, I'm not buying anything from you! :P

Image Image

Unread postPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:57 pm 
Fiber Helps Me Go Faster

No, but not knowing which of the there their or they're, really pisses me off.

Unread postPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:45 pm 
Moar Dew.

Something something blood pressure medicine something :ot: something something. :ha:

Image Image

Unread postPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:18 am 
Scooby Snack

I contacted ebay before the auction ended because, well, that's when I got my first nutso mail saying 595 wasn't enough!!!!

(I didn't realize this had been going on for so long without me!)

I purchased an awesome guitar from this guy for $200. A 1978 rickenbacker. So I trusted his poor spelling. Lol. He left me good feedback already, holy cow.

Also, if you look closely at his auction it says "UPS shipping and insurance with buy it now". He screwed up. It was supposed to say
Quote:
Free UPS shipping.There box and packing.w/insurance if "buy now" . That way, you and I are covered if a problem in shipment

like the last auction I did with him, which you can look at in my feedback, so I feel we had a verbal contract on that part, I understood his terms sort of. I really did. If I did not honor that at least I would feel like I was beating on someone who couldn't help themselves. I'm not sure what I am going to do with ebay or him about it, he's a scammer, but if a mint guitar shows up at my door, which the tracking number I have shows..... I dunno. I told him I will give him $35 more when it gets here, to pack it extra well and only if its as perfect as he says, just to get it here, rofl. I'm honest, I hate to break my word, but yeah. It was an insane negotiation. I think I was basically making him feel better I was taking his baby. I think you have to be a crazy southern boy to understand what happened to me. It was like something in a blues movie.

I know the story of him, sadly. It has been backed up too for the most part. He was a semi-famous guitar player, did a lot of session work in Texas, played with Willie and Hank among the rest. The story goes he keeled over with a heart attack in a session with Willie. Hasn't been the same since. Who knows what is true, however, the people who know him on one guitar forum are blown away he is acting like this. If you read my emails to him they are bugger hysterical. I told him off up and down, it was a real battle, i should have probably just let it go and let ebay burn him, but I wanted the guitar. Silly me. I managed to yell at him to the point he took everything back, said I was an awesome musician probably, and he mailed it to me. Now he's emailing me links to guitar learning stuff. Fudge. lol.

Now if only I could get a fair value on it to see if I got screwed.

Unread postPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:52 am 
Scooby Snack

How long until i can play like this? :ha:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKnngyCIctA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZyM85lt ... re=related

For the record I'm playing blues, hendrix and beatles mostly so far, no country..... :tu

Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2