It is currently Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Help with Axle replacement... MR2 - Fayetteville
Unread postPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:12 pm 
Subie Tech

My MR2 has a torn CV boot, which I read are a lot easier to just replace the axle. Plus they aren't too expensive.

Problem 1 - I have never replaced an axle and its something I don't want to muck up by experimenting.
Problem 2 - Car does not have the original engine. Pretty positive it has a turbo transmission, but the only way to tell if needs LSD or non-LSD axles is to pull one out.
Problem 3 - sourcing an axle.

Basically, Since I don't know for sure what I have, I can't bring everything to shop to have them do it. Plus I wouldn't mind learning to do it myself and saving a few hundred $$$s.. If anyone is willing to help meet let me know. I have a 2 car attached garage and will definitely start taking apart what I can ahead of time.. Beer / Pizza provided.

Time frame = no Rush I plan to fetch it from storage later February or early march, though if the weather stays in the 30s. I might get it sooner.

Post subject: Re: Help with Axle replacement... MR2 - Fayetteville
Unread postPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:31 pm 
Subie Tuner

They're pretty hard to screw up, and you should be able to find a how-to or 2 on the mr2 boards or just follow the BGB.

It's definitely a job you can do easily in your garage. As far as sourcing parts, either rockauto for aftermarket or conicelli toyota for oem have been good sources for me in the past.

'97 Legacy GT/WRX - Sold

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ]