It is currently Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: help with high idle 93 impreza
Unread postPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:53 pm 
Subie Driver

hello,

i have been having a problem with a high idle in neutral with my 1993 subaru impreza 5 spd. it has about 220k on it, and for the most part runs like a dream. i just did the spark plugs, but the car has been idling around 1300-1500 rpm in neutral. on a few occasions it has jumped to 2200!!! i know the culprits are either the iacv or the tps, and i am going to test (or attempt to, as its my first time ever testing one. looked up a lot of info and a few youtube videos, and i feel i know what im doing in those regards) the tps tomorrow. now i was told to try to clean the iacv before attempting to replace, and of every way ive seen online in cleaning the iacv, they replaced the gasket. i have been ALL over the internet for the last week, and can NOT find a gasket that would fit my car. what i was wondering was, can i take the iacv apart, clean it, and reassemble it without replacing the gasket? if not, does anyone know where i can go online to get the gasket? i have a cheap used iacv i can buy if i cant get the gasket, but id like to make sure i cant get the gasket first. ive already tried advanced auto, autozone, and napa, and i've called all the subaru dealerships in the area. nobody has the gasket. if theres a thread on this already, feel free to direct me to it. also, what would be the proper way to reset the ecu when i clean/repair the problem? ive heard the disconnecting the batter for 45 mins bit, and also found out that all that would do is reset any cel codes (there arent any, however every once in a blue moon the cel will kick on for a second or two before disappearing, also was told this has to do with my idle problem.), not actually reset the ecu. all speedy responses would be great, i need to order the part asap as its my delivery vehicle and tomorrow is my last day off. Thanks!!!

Post subject: Re: help with high idle 93 impreza
Unread postPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:10 pm 
Moar Dew.

What PN did you get for the gasket?

'00 Miata LS, Evolution Orange - Boosty!
'18 Crosstrek, Venetian Red Pearl - Lofty!
Image Image

Unread postPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:25 pm 
Subie Driver

the part number i got is 22659AA120, here is the website i pulled it from http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=781242

this part one of the subaru dealerships near me does carry, however when i researched the part it said it was the iacv gasket for a 1999 impreza/legacy/outback or higher

Unread postPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:43 pm 
Moar Dew.

I believe that is a '99+ part. I installed one in my '00 Legacy a bunch of years ago, and inexplicably have one in my basement.

'00 Miata LS, Evolution Orange - Boosty!
'18 Crosstrek, Venetian Red Pearl - Lofty!
Image Image

Unread postPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:12 pm 
Subie Driver

yes ik that. do you know where i can go to get the gasket i need for my 93?

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]